Saturday, December 5, 2009

WELL, IT IS FINALLY WINTER!

Sorry, I have been missing for awile...  I have been working on some special Xmas cards (which I won't be able to share with you until after the 25th) and a few other things that I will share with you today.



This is the Thanksgiving card I made for Dick.  I cased it from someone while I was visiting their blog and forgot to write down the name.  If I come across it I will give her credit.







These two pictures give a side/back view and the other side/front view.  It is a mini file folder that can be used for 3x3 cards or in my case, used for a memo pad holder next to my computer.  These are a lot of fun to make and I will make more with card/envelope to sell next summer at the campground.  There is a craft show once a month with usually 20-30 tables set up.







Isn't this cute?  I found the video on UTUBE (I think!) to make just the plain basket.  Then I made my own embellishment on side and used ribbon with DP for the handle. The pillow box die is used to make the sides of basket (3) and then added strips to bottom.  Then you add 2 circles (Using the glass cutter); one on bottom and one on the inside.  You can make this for any season/holiday.  There is a lot of room inside to put some goodies.

Well, I guess that is all for now.  I will be putting addresses on envelopes tomorrow so I can mail my Christmas cards on Monday or Tuesday.

Dick will find out on Wednesday when his eye surgery will be.  His right eye has cateract and some membrane on the back of eye and he will have in implant done.  I tell you it seems like we can't have one year go by without something happening.  I am scheduled for more physical therapy (this is for my back) so it looks like I will be doing it until Jan 16th.  That will be a total of 24 visits just for my back. My goal is to be able to take long walks like I used to.  I can see a difference with 3 wks of therapy but still have a long ways to go.

I am glad my sister is home now (she was in hospital for over a week) and look forward to seeing her accomplishments on her blog.  My other sister also has a blog and needless to say her work is also one of a kind.  I am so lucky to have two sisters so talented with paper crafts and the youngest sister is known for her cooking and quilting/sewing.

Hope you have a great day.  Here in Michigan we are enjoying our first dusting of snow.  I think my one sister had a lot of snow these past few days.  I will have to call her and find out.  I hope everyone survived Black Friday and Cyber Monday!   Catch you later....


2 comments:

  1. Love these Lois. I saw your Thanksgiving card at Ronda's event yesterday, with the Dahlia fold flower in the middle. I love this DSP. Great projects, all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice project Lois, you will have to give me the direction for the little mini file folder it is cool.

    ReplyDelete