Tuesday, December 8, 2009

COOKIE MAKING AT GRANDMA'S HOUSE

Hi everybody,

Well, here it is almost midnight and I should be in bed but I just had to share with you what I did today!

I had to babysit my 4 yr. old granddaughter, Jenna, today while Grandpa and her Mom went Xmas shopping. Of course that means I missed out on shopping this year BooHoo!  So now I can say that I am all ready for the holidays.  Got shopping done, cards made and ready to take to mailbox tomorrow, and today Jenna & I made cookies.  Now you have to understand that in my family everyone loves COOKIES especially homemade decorated ones.  We made 2 dozens but that won't last until this weekend so I will be doing a lot more.  I also wanted to make some holiday bread and freeze it for when I need something to serve at the last moment.  Dick and I still have one big project left and I hope to have that  done by the weekend and that is wrapping the gifts.

Okay that is enough chitter chatter, now for my photos.

I forgot to take pictures while she was all covered with flour, frosting, and sprinkles.  Jenna helped me roll out the dough, pushed down on the cookie cutters, frosted about 10 cookies,(I did the rest) and put the decorations on all of them except for the 4 you see in the picture that have cinnamon dots on them.  Now you know why it took 3 hours!!!



here is a close up of about half of them



isn't she a cutie?  When we got everything cleaned up we pulled out her homework project-(making a wreath) for show & tell and also to be hung in the hallway at school.  We didn't have enough time to finish it and I forgot to take picture of what we had done.  She had a styrofoam plate with the middle cut out from her teacher with instructions to do whatever she wanted.  So we dug into my supplies and came up with some real wide lace with ruffles and I stapled that around the outside edge (before that I ran some narrow green ribbon and rose ribbon through the eyelets) and then tied a big bow for the bottom.  We punched out some paper ornaments with my punch and put hole in top of ornament. Then I cut some elastic ribbon so mommy could help her put them on the ornaments and hang onto the lace wreath. Darn, I wish we would have had more time to finish so I could have gotten a picture.  I will have to ask her mom to do it and send it to me.

I think I have taken enough of your time so will call it a day and see you soon.  Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. You can send some of those cookies my way along with Jenna. Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenna looks more and more like her sister every day. She sure was having fun!!

    ReplyDelete