Sunday, December 13, 2009

More Christmas Projects Completed

Yesterday I completed two Christmas projects and my husband's birthday card.  I haven't done this much in quite a while.  It feels good to be productive once again.  I have therapy M-W-F this week and the next two weeks Tu-W-Th. Then I go back to M-W-F until Jan. 16th.  I am making progress but also getting tired of going.  I do about 50 solid minutes of exercies including riding stationary bike.  Dick will be going on the 21st for eye surgery so got a lot to do before then as he will be restricted from doing anything like bending or picking!

Enough of that, lets talk crafts...



I love using the Big Shot die cuts.  Here I used the small bear and used watercolor crayons. I used the stamp found in the section of stamps $10 and under; green corduary brads, green striped wide ribbon and the scallop punch that looks lacy. The base of the card is Very Vanilla.  This one is original for a change!

Now my wall hangings:



I didn't have any place to put this last night so I put it on the tree that Dick had just brought up from the basement.  This morning I finally decided to hang it on the wall in the dining room next to closet.  It is very tall as you can see. (our tree in 6.5 ft).  The one thing I don't like about this chipboard is that the glitter gets all over.  I tried to spray some stuff on it...I wonder if I should use hair spray?  Not sure if  I have any.
Here it is hanging on wall:




Here are pictures of two letters up close.  I used felt snowflakes and clear gems, burgandy ribbon and silver grommets.



I also put a bow at the bottom of last letter.

Now the next project-----


I cased part of this (scalloped squares with glittered letters) but I added the double bow at the top and the silver decorative brads.  This was a lot of fun to make and I will make more with other letters.  Below is a close up of the bow.



I hope you enjoyed looking at my newest creations. 

Today was a lot warmer than yesterday and Friday so looking forward to tomorrow to see what is in store for me.  The laundry is done including the folding and the floors are swept. I think I will wrap our granddaughters gifts so that will not be looming over my head.  I will also attempt to decorate the tree and put up other decorations around the house.  This Christmas we will have all the kids and grandkids so it will be nice.  I am not going to spend a lot of time cooking so I can spend more time with them.  Right now I am planning on ham for dinner with the trimmings.  Well, have a good evening and keep smiling. Tomorrow will bring us lots of good things and maybe even some surprises.  Catch you later.


2 comments:

  1. That is the probably the only under $10 stamp I did not get! Cute card -- I like the macrocomatic (sp?) color scheme. You will have to let me know how Dick's surgery goes. (And where is his boo-boo card???)
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Lois though I had commented on this one! Like the use of the bear. I just got my bear dies and have not tired out mine yet but need to give them a try.

    ReplyDelete