Saturday, January 16, 2010

JUST FOR MY SISTERS

My sister sent me a message and asked when I was going to update my blog.  Well, I think that is what she meant.  Could be she was talking about the new SU blog for demonstrators.  Oh well, I will do both and cover my butt.  I haven't done much since Christmas so I decided to share some of the cards I made last year (2009).


I made this as a gift for my sister-in-law. Her dog and Sheena are really close and whenever we go visiting, we tell Sheena that we are going to see Abby and she gets all excited.  I guess Abby does the same thing when she is told that Sheena is coming.  They are like sisters.  The day these pictures were taken Dick & I were dogsitting.  Abby loves to sit on the back of the chair or couch.  This was my first attempt at making something like this and I had a lot of fun.  The frame is made from the cardboard enclosed with our designer paper packets.  I used the eyelet border punch and the brown felt ribbon from last year. Also used the Felt Flowers and blue button bouquet with light blue embossing thread. The odd board numbers are covered with craft ink. Next is a sympathy card...


I really like my coloring on this one.  I have been practicing on blending colors and this is the results.  I still have more to learn but do enjoy it.  My biggest problem right now is trying to keep my fingers/hand from shaking.  Some days it is better than others.


This was my first try at making the box.  My best friend hosted a workshop and this was her hostess gift.  Don't you just hate it when you have to give up something you have made?  Since it went to my BFF I can visit anytime and check it out. LOL  I love these colors (blue is my #1 color) together and I used the marker to color the pretties flowers.  Okay that is enough for tonight.

Update on Dick's eye surgery: He went to doctor last Thursday and his gas bubble has dissolved and the week before he had a stitch removed. Everything appears to be going as expected. His eyesight in the surgery eye is clearer than the left eye but since his eye is always dialated the vision is somewhat blurred. I hope that makes sense.  From what we have been told eventually his sight will be even clearer in that eye.  His next appointment is Feb 2nd so hopefully by then a new script will be written for his glasses.

Kirsten's 8th birthday is week from Monday and she is having a bowling party at the Holiday Lanes on Sat. with some of her friends.  Grandpa & I will be there to root her on.   The following weekend I plan to have both girls over to make valentine cards for their school mates.

As it is almost 11:30 pm, I think I better get out of here and hit the sack.  Have big day planned for tomorrow.  Keep smiling.

2 comments:

  1. About time!! Very pretty, love the flower in vase -- very nice coloring. Now I have to go back to work -- waaaaaay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like your sympathy card good job about time you posted something new was getting tired of reading the same old thing.

    ReplyDelete