Monday, November 9, 2009

SUPER SATURDAY FUN

This past weekend (Fri-Sun) our Stampin Up Leader, Ronda Wade and Melissa Roberts co-hosted a retreat for the Rubber Queens.  It was held in East Lansing, MI at the Quality Inn University. I signed up for Saturday only (plus lunch & dinner) and got there around 9 a.m. with my daughter, Michelle.  The hotel in located right off the main highway going into East Lansing so it was very easy to get there.

My day consisted of the following:
 1. Make & Take table to complete an ornament and Xmas card


2. Designer Paper Class- Made 2 items (Magnetic Board and 4 Gift Bags)....I didn't make the gift bags but below you will see the Magnetic Board.

3. Next we did the Big Shot Class making 3 items. (Journal, 4x4 scalloped album-above-and snowball ornament-below)

3. Michelle & I made some cards that we cased.  First we cut out 3 Top Note die cuts and took one and cut in half to make a pocket for the inside. (can be used for gift card) and the second card  (with sympathy) we both fell in love with. (see below)

pocket for gift certificate on inside and below is card closed.



4. Last Make & Take table-I didn't get chance to make one of the cards and the other I just got the materials and took it home to finish. (below). I made it a little differently than the copy but that what happens when you have senior moments!! LOL
 
I left around 8:30 p.m. while the Decor Elements Class was going on.  There was also a Silent Auction in which I won the bid on one of the two I bid on.  I got a Hostess level 3 stamp set (two of these) and a level two stamp set from this year's catalog.  There were door prizes and raffle ticket winners all day long (also Friday night). The food was delicious (lunch from Quinos's & dinner from Max & Irma's) plus snacks all day.  So if you're reading this and would like to join in the fun come next March, go to Ronda's Blog here  for more information.I called today to put in my deposit.  Below is a few more pictures my daughter took.
 Beverage table (coffee, tea, pop) and other table has stamp sets, punches, etc. that we had access to.

My sister, Sandi and her daughter, Tricia.

Our Leader, Ronda Wade.

2 comments:

  1. You sure are lucky I forgot to take pictures during the day!! Actually, I didn't have time like "some people." All kidding aside these are great pictures, and I agree -- it was an awesome weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the things you guys made. I would like to make the magetic boards. I liked the Christmas card in the first picture also.

    ReplyDelete