Thursday, October 15, 2009

FIRST BATCH OF CHRISTMAS CARDS

Okay, I am starting my Christmas cards and this is what I have so far.  For some reason my lighting was not the best so my reds turned out purple (Lavender Lace!). I used materials purchased when I first started scrapbooking (Pre-Stampin Up days). Some were from kits and other were individual items I picked up at Wally World, Meijers, etc. It is hard to make cards while we are camping as I can't bring everything.  I did these cards last week and today is the first chance I have been able to use the computer.  I have been going to therapy for the past month (left shoulder, upper arm, and neck) and yesterday after my session my neck started burning and sharp pains.  Tomorrow was suppose to have been my last day but now with this setback I will be going for another 3-4 wks.  I am so tired of the pain and pain pills.  I am always sleeping (I can't feel the pain when I am sleeping).  Dick was going to go with a few of the guys here at camp on Sunday to a place up north to see stuff for hunting and antique guns/shotguns.  But now he is going to stay here with me in case I have to go back to emergency again.  We only have one more week here but I may ask him if we can go home earlier.  It has been so cold here that we can't go outside very long.  We go back home 3 times a week for my sessions and all I do is sleep in the car. Well enough of that. Now back to my cards.




These two are my favorites of the group.  Left: Bordering Blue & White cardstock, rub-ons, ornament punch, and gold elastic. Right: stickers and gold elastic and 1/16 hole punch.


Both of these cards also have stickers and I popped up the Santa on both.

The cardstock on this card is Real Red and the D.P. is Red/White. The greeting and Santa w/presents are stickers and I used demenionals(sp) under the greeting.

I played around with my blog design tonight but I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for stopping by and hope tomorrow will bring lots of sunshine into your life.

2 comments:

  1. Nice cards, nice to see some action for a change. I like the stocking one that is cute. Now you need to use some of your stampin ideas and show us some of your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Kathleen: nice to see you are posting more often and especially with your projects. I like the ornament card the best. I had to enlarge it so I could see the beautiful rub-ons. I have these, but haven't opened them yet. I will probably use them on my personal Christmas cards and my Christmas album layout for this year (which I'm only 3 years behind on). Good job Lois.

    ReplyDelete