Saturday, October 3, 2009

FINALLY DONE!




Hi everyone,

In case you have been wondering why I haven't been posting in a while, I finally finished an ongoing project. I started this baby blanket over 10 years ago (doing the embroidery work on the individual squares) and then about 3 yrs. ago I put the front together and laid it aside.

Then I found out Dick's best friend, Ron, was going to be a grandpa (his only daugther and her first..and last) so I pulled this out and finished it. Now mind you I had 7 months notice but I have never been know for doing anything ahead of time. LOL Well Linda 's baby decided to come early (due middle of Oct.) and I still had the quilting to do and connect the front to the back. At 10:30 p.m. last night I finished it. whopee! Now I have to soak in cold vinegar water and hope nothing runs onto the blanket. I really hate giving this away but just like stamping, you can't hoard it forever.

Dick & I will be leaving for Davison tomorrow for out last 3 wks of camping for the year. Now whether we stay the full time is another story. We will have to see how the weather is going to be. When we get back I have to start doing my Xmas cards and finishing some scrapbooking I started earlier this summer. Have a good day and thanks for stopping by.




2 comments:

  1. Yes, I remember this quilt, long time and many hours making. I know how hard after so much work it is to give up. But looks great but off to a good home I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it has been 10 years since you started this -- it seems like just a couple of years ago. It really came out beautiful. I would never be able to give this to someone, unless it was my grandbaby (as then you could still see it). Way to much work involved, but you hung in there. Check out my blog as I have posted lots of pictures (and more to come) from Ronda's Holiday Hoopla (the best meeting ever!!). See you in about 3 weeks.

    ReplyDelete