Sunday, February 27, 2011

SWEET HELLO and ICE CREAM PARLOR

Hi everyone,
My sister, Sandi, emailed me the other day wanting to know why I haven't been blogging. Well, I figured since my other sister and her are usually the only ones to look at it then it doesn't matter when I do it. Right? Don't get me wrong, I really like their comments but would really like it if more people would leave comments. In fact, all you have to do is just say "hi" in the comments. Then I would feel like someone is really interested in seeing what I do. Oh well, enough of "pity me".  On to the latest creations.

First I ordered the Simply Sent Sweet Hello package (p.183 in big catalog) and really liked the embossed pre-stamped cards. I didn't use the stamp set that was recommended as I tend to need birthday cards more that anything else. I changed the design a little by using the Birthday Wishes stamp from the Bring On the Cake stamp set. (using Baja Breeze ink pad) Also I positioned the flowers differently so it looks like flowers are on a stem. Speaking of the flowers-included in the package are some very tiny sticky tabs to adhere to back of flower. However, I found them to be hard to use so used mini glue dot instead. After putting it on back of flower and then attaching to card, I could scrunch up the flower for more fullness. The set consist of 8 cards with envelopes and the whole package is only $11.95 (comes to $1.50 per card). I have ordered the Simply Sent Medallion Medley from the Occasions Mini to try next (same cost and number of cards/envelopes). Can't wait for that to come this week.


For my next card I used the Ice Cream Parlor DSP and Ribbon & Button Pack. I love these colors, so bright and vibrant. It was very easy to make and great for a make-n-take. Supplies used: Pacific Point &Whisper White cardstock, Punch Bunch stamp set, Pacific Point ink pad, Scallop Trim Border punch and colored embroidery thread to match buttons.


I know Valentine's Day is history, but I wanted to share with you the valentines Dick & I made for our two granddaughters to take to school.  Yes, I said my husband helped and boy am I greatful and thankful.  We made 53 treat packages.  We worked like an assembly line and it only took us about 5 hrs.  I spent the 1st hour getting everything cut/embossed and then Dick asked if I needed HELP.  The reason we had to hurry was because I originally thought the school parties would be on Monday the 14th and I knew the girls were coming over for the day on Saturday and since they love making stuff I would let them help.  Guess what? I found out on Wed. night that the parties were going to be on Friday. YIPES, the pressure was on.  I spend Wed. evening packaging up 53 bags of treats(there is another story here but won't bore you).  Here is the end results. 
and I also decorated bags for them to carry their packages in and to bring home their valentines from the other kids. 

The hearts were left over from making the candy holders.  Kirsten & Jenna called me Friday night and told me how much they liked them and to report that their valentines were the best in the whole class.  They sure know how to make brownie points, don't they?  Well this is all for now and hope to get back here real soon but no promises, SANDI!  Have a good evening from my house to yours.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Lois! Cant wait for camping season to get here!! Tell Dick I said Hello! Miss you guys! XOXO Harli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice projects Lois!! I love the card kit and what you did with it. I just finished doing Level 3 Hostess Simply Sent Cute As A Button kit last week (absolutely adorable in person) and have the Simply Sent Medallion Medley to do this week (won it at Ronda's meeting). I don't buy the kits, so these were a real treat for me to try out. So glad to see you are posting "once a week again."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you post again must be you got your computer fixed. Like your cards. Have been busy doing the Tuesday challanges on my blog..http://kathleenspersonaltouch.blogspot.com/ you should try it out...http://trystampinontuesday.blogspot.com/... but maybe not because then maybe I would not be winning so much!

    ReplyDelete