Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Well it is halftime for MSU and I am so disappointed in their game play that I even turned over to watch UofM (they managed to score two touchdowns in first half!!)  I decided maybe I need to NOT watch the second half and maybe they can pull it off-did I say that I am a believer in MIRCLES!!!

I thought I would show you some pictures of my granddaughters doing some great crafty stuff.  First I made up some cinnamon/applesauce dough and rolled it out and let them use the cookies cutters and put some gems on each of them for decorations.  When they cut out the dough I had them use a swizzle stick to make hole at top. Since I had to put in oven for 5 hrs. they didn't see the results until the next day.  Only a couple of the decorations set in the dough so I had to use my crystal effects.  I then put a ribbon into each hole and when they came over later that day, I gave all of them except one to put on their tree.  It was a lot of fun and I believe the dough made around 20 ornaments.  Great activity for children of all ages.



Our next activity was our yearly cookie decorating.  Grandpa makes some sugar (from a tube) cookies and then when the little darlings got here, they started in decorating.  It was fun watching how different they worked compared to last year.


Jenna And Kirsten really getting into it.

Jenna doing KP.  She is our little helper, always keeping
the kitchen counter clean.

Now I guess I had better show some of my cards made from swap samples or else my sister won't count this blog for meeting my challenge.  At one of Ronda's Retreats, I won the silent bid for a HUGE box of card swaps.  I then removed the bottom layer and attached what was left to a new cardstock and added  embellishments.  I don't have all the SU stamps so this makes it nice for me to be able to make over cards that someone else has made.  Some of my Xmas cards were my own design but the ones I sent out this year were mostly made overs.  Hope you like.

 This was for my sister, Kathleen
 This is for my sister, Sandi
This is for my sister-in-law, Wilma

Well that is all for now, have just a few more that I will post at a later date.  I am going to try and make some 8x8 album pages for SU's newest albums. Have a good day and keep smiling.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks like fun!! The girls look like I do when I am stamping and scrappin' -- very serious and totally into their project -- LOL. I'm glad you showed your cards because Kathy described hers and now I can actually see how pretty it is. I know she liked hers a lot and so did Gary and I (loved the added details). Two stars on your board now!!

    ReplyDelete