Wednesday, January 5, 2011

FIRST SCRAPBOOK PAGE USING MDS

Wow, I can't believe I finally did it.  I used MDS to do my top two layers of the page and then printed it out with my printer.  The colors really match good (I have a HP printer) and I like the finished look.  I then took a piece of 8 1/2"x11" Marine Mist cardstock and placed my printout on it.  I then used the corner punch (large corners) to do the Old Olive corners.  I used a piece of pewter hardware with the wide striped Old Olive ribbon at the bottom of page and then decided it needed something more.  Ahha, I got my snowflake stamp and the versamark to fill in around the MDS page.  I hope I explained it correctly.  I originally was going for an 8x8 page but it was too small for me so changed it to the 8 1/2 X 11" page.  I wanted to do some 8x8 pages to put into the new albums that SU is selling. I have 3 now that are all different colors.  So pretty.  Here is a picture of my completed project.(Click on picture to enlargen)

(I haven't put a title on this yet as this will be a 2 page layout)

Next is a picture of the birthday card I made for my sister, Sandi, last July.  I really like this stamp set (hat) and it was my first try at stamping on the envelope and then coloring it.



My brother-in-law's birthday is this Friday and I wanted to make a card using circles and some of the new in-colors.  I also wanted it to be bright as we have had nothing but gloomy gray skies for quite a while.  Now for the DUMB thing I did.  I do this almost every time I make a card.  I got the envelope addressed, put stamp on and then stuffed the card into the envelope and licked it shut.  Are you still following me...Yup, I forgot to take a pictue of the card.  So, I hurried up and opened it back up and took this picture.  So if you ever get a card from me and it looks like someone opened it...it happened again!!!


I also didn't put a dark background underneath the card before taking this picture so it is hard to tell this is a white card. DUH, maybe when I get my memory back I won't make this mistake again,  LOL  If you believe that than you don't know me!!  Have a good day and now I have to get supper on the table.  By the way both of these cards were cased from someone who posted it on SCS and when I printed out a copy, I forgot to write their name down.  Thank you whoever you are.

2 comments:

  1. Look at you go girl!! Great job on your MDS page, I have never hit the "print" button on mine yet (probably because I don't have a printer hooked up to my laptop yet). And I love MY birthday card -- so cute and so is Art's, but of course I like mine better!! Thank you!
    P.S.
    Yah, yah -- I know I should be updating my blog today but I can't show my creations yet because they are all a surprise for Ronda's event!! I'll see what I can come up with today that I "can" show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like both of your cards they are very nice you did a great job. Really like the colors on them. Will have to case these fore sure

    ReplyDelete