Monday, November 1, 2010

Christmas Card Stack for ONE!

Well, here it is November 1st and less than 2 months til Christmas!!!  I haven't been doing much craft stuff for the past 4 months so after attending Ronda Wade's Scrapbooking Retreat a week ago, I got my mojo back.  I love going to these retreats as Ronda & Melissa do such a great job of pampering us ladies (there were 60 in attendance).  This is only my second time at attending one for the whole weekend.  Last March I bunked with my sister, Kathleen and this time I bunked with another sister, Sandi (Dailey). I also signed up for all 5 classes this time.  Wow, was I busy!  We had a costume contest on our first night (friday) and I won 2nd place. WooHoo!! I got a real nice 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 album (new item in this year's catalog or maybe it was in the mini-not sure).  I also won some 12x12 cardstock in one of the raffles.  In the Silent Auction, I won the bid for 20 (12x12) pages that were completed.  The pages are real neat looking and I can still add embellishments if I want to. 

Okay enough about the retreat.  My BFF, Jacqie, wanted to do some Christmas cards like we did last year so she came over tonight.  I decided to do 16 cards (4 each of 4 different designs).  I cased 3 designs from the retreat and the 4th one I cased from LaDonna Johnson. Here are a few pictures I took:


Jacqie working hard. Completed all 16 in 2 hrs.

Jacqie with all her cards completed.








Cards she made. The bottom right one is not one of the cards I did at the retreat.
It was fun being with Jacqie again.  We have known each other about 35 yrs. through our jobs at MSU.  I haven't converted her to SU yet but she sure likes the products.  I told her tonight about My Digital Studio thinking she would like the program.  We didn't have enough time for me to show her the program but we have tentatively made plans to meet again so she can make some gifts.  I did something different this time while setting up the class.  I set my table up as 4 stations and had everything laid out that she would need.  I also cut all the paper ahead of time and stamped some of the ornaments that she had to punch. It worked out so much better than what I did last year.  It took only 2 hrs to complete all the cards and 1/2 hr to clean up after she left.  I didn't get flustered and had more time to work with her one on one.  I liked doing a class like this instead of 3-4 people attending. 

Okay, I will leave you with a picture of me in my winning costume.  Picture was taken by Ronda.


My lollipop was made with SU products (except the stick)

Click on any of the above pictures to enlargen the picture
Well, time to go for tonight.  Have a good day tomorrow and I am going to go raid the freeze!!!  Ice cream here I come. YUM YUM!!!



1 comment:

  1. Wow, I about fell off my chair when I saw you had updated your blog!! About time. And then to see that you had your first class in years was another shock -- good for you!! Jacque looks like she had an awesome time; and yes, I agree, its great to have one-on-one classes too. You really get a chance to visit and relax. She did a great job on her cards -- I like the ones you picked to CASE. I never think/remember to take pictures during class (well maybe once), so this is a treat to see pictures from class. I need to do that more often because I like to see the variations of completed projects (everybody adds their own little twist which I love). Okay, need to start packing today so better get started.

    ReplyDelete