Tuesday, September 7, 2010

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL

Yes, today was the first day of school for my granddaughters, Kirsten & Jenna.  Mommy took some cute pictures that I will share with you.

Jenna & Kirsten on their way to bus stop.

Jenna getting ready to ride the bus for the first time (well she had a practice ride last spring but that isn't the same)  
Kirsten in her cute outfit (love her headband) getting off bus at school.
  
Gosh, she isn't my little princess anymore.

 
I love this photo.  Jenna all smiles and big sister watching over her.  Kirsten sure has a serious face!
  
Jenna in her Kdg. classroom meeting her first friend. I am so proud of them and wish them both lots of happy and good times this school year.

This past Thursday, the girls spent a few days (and nights) with us and on Saturday they begged me to let them make a craft. So I tried to think of something that would take some time and would require minimum work for me. Jeanna has now graduated to the next level in crafting. She chose her own paper, deorations and bling. Here is her first attempt at making something other that pasting cutouts on papers. I did the lacing of the ribbon and gluing the bottom onto the sides. Didn't she do great?






This is Kirsten's box. She needed no help from me other than to show her how to put the paper on. She chose her embellishments and I was truly impressed with her selections and how it came together. I guess she will want to graduate to a higher level now. (like use my Big Shot!)  Don't you love how she did the flowers?


I had a lot of fun doing the project with them and it used up 5 1/2 hrs. of time. (so they wouldn't get bored or watch TV) I think I will have to find a simple Xmas card for them to make the next time and also make a gift for Mommy.

Well that is all for now. I will leave you with two of my favorite photos of the girls that I took after they completed the crafts.  Jenna reminds me so much of my niece when she was this age. Right, Trish?

 
 



This is the cutest one of Kirsten that I got. She has the most beautiful brown eyes and so into the latest fashions. We took her and Jenna school shopping and it was such an unbelievable experience.

Have a good evening and keep smiling.

2 comments:

  1. The girls really look cute all dressed up for their first day back to school. And yes, they did an awesome job on their projects. I think they get a medal just for staying focused that long to finish (I can't even do that -- LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes both of the girls boxes look great they did a super job on them. I love the color combo's they choose, good choices. Nice first day pictures brings back memories which I could redue my girls first days again, but then I would have to redue a lot of mistakes so will have to bless the grandkids and their first days Mariah in High School and Alex in Junior High.

    ReplyDelete