Sunday, November 21, 2010

DINNER IN FRANKENMUTH, MI

Hi Everyone,

What a great day yesterday was.  Why, you say?  Well first of all, MICHIGAN STATE UNIVERSITY won against Purdue!!! (now 10-1)  Dick taped the game for us to watch when we got back home.(around 5:00 pm) We went to Frankenmuth to meet some of our camping friends for a birthday celebration.  It was a perfect day for driving and to see all the Christmas decorations up in town.  I wished we could have stayed until dark so I could have seen the town all lit up and also see Bonner's decorations. If you have never been to this area, you need to seriously make plans no matter what season it is.  My favorite time is just before Christmas.  There are so many people that come to this small town year around.  We had reservations for 2:00 at Zehnder's restaurant so after we checked in, we strolled downstairs to check out the gift store and bakery.  Can you believe it, we didn't buy ANY bakery goods.  That has to be a first!!!  I didn't take a picture of the bakery since I didn't want to drool every time I looked at it. LOL  My family doctor will be so proud of us!!

We didn't stay downstairs very long as it was wall to wall people.  Not for me, I went upstairs (everyone else soon followed) and sat in the lounge area by the TV (which had the Uof M game on) and visited with our friends.   The birthday girls (Phyllis-Nov 24th and Mom (Donna)-Nov 17th) are just as young as the last time I saw them. LOL  We had a great time and decided to form a Birthday Club.  Below are some of the photos I took of the event:


Kathy had the cake made and added the camping decorations.
(canoe, tent, & campfire) These are recycled decorations (LOL)

The BIRTHDAY GIRLS - Phyllis and Mary
  
Donna, (Kathy's mother) chatting in the lounge area
and watching all the people waiting to get in.  It is about 1:00 p.m.
 

Phyllis



Bill (Phyllis' Husband)

 
Mike - Bill & Phyllis' grandson.  Such a cutie!


Dick (my HUNK!)

Mom and her daughters, Mary and Kathy
 
Birthday Girl with Mr. Chicken (Phyllis had left the
dining area and didn't get back until after he left.)

As you can see we had a great time and it was good to see some of our camping friends again.  We hadn't seen them since Labor Day.  We are hoping to go to the campgrounds in January (rent a cabin for a week) so we can go to Frankenmuth again for the ice sculptures and another birthday lunch.
Thank you for taking a peek at my day yesterday.  I made a card for Phyllis but, as par for the course, I didn't take a picture of it to share with you.  I am going to try and make some tags today and then get ready for this coming week.  Oh, almost forgot another great thing that happened yesterday, my niece, Tricia got married to Ethan.  So happy for both of them and wish them only the best.  Love to both of you.

Well if I don't get back on here before Thursday, "HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS" See you next time.

For all of you who leave a comment below, "Thank YOU"

No comments:

Post a Comment