Wednesday, August 4, 2010

TIME SURE FLIES!!!

.
It doesn't seem like it has been 3 months since I last posted! Well, I have been procrastinating long enough. I am going to break down and share a few things I have made since last May....

This is the card I made for my sister, Pam.  I combined ideas from other cards seen on the SCS and SU websites.  I loved the idea of pinwheel flowers and used ribbon for the stems and buttons for centers.  Trying to use up some of my supplies.  I wanted to make a card using orange as that is her favorite color but will have to try for that next year. (maybe I will make her card this winter when I have more time)



This card was for my other sister, Sandi.  I copied this from a swap card and knew Sandi would love it. I added the hat to my envelope (which I don't usually take the time to do!) and used the markers to paint the stamp for the stems, buds, and ribbon. I love how it turned out. Sandi loves victorian and flowers so I tried to work it into my design.

Next I have to share with you two pictures of my daughter and our granddaughters. They were at the campground with us for 5 days (we rented a cottage on the lakeside) and on this day we were just hanging out.


Kirsten (8 yrs) and Momma Kellie
We hadn't realized that they both had the same colors on for the day until I previewed the photo. Kirsten is growing so fast.  We took up our hammock cause the kids love to lay in it and swing.  Of course mom liked it also.  Because the cafe was 2 cabins down from ours, we patronized it frequently (you know how us Jones girls love our ICE CREAM!!)

This picture was taken when Jenna got into one of her laughing streaks.  She laughed so hard that she slid right off the lounger.  She turned 5 at the end of June. You can just see Sheena under the other chair. The girls has a great time again this year. I will share more photos on future postings.

Okay, I have now officially started posting so I will try harder to update better than I have in the past.  I not saying everyday but will set that as my goal.  By the way Sandi, I told you I would post something today and since it is only 11:35, I met my promise.  See you all later and am glad you stopped by.

1 comment:

  1. Well I have to say I fell out of my chair when I saw you updated your blog!! I think 3 months is a bit too long between posts. Yes, I loved my birthday card and so did the girls when they saw it. It looks like Kirsten and Jenna are really enjoying their vacation with Grandma and Grandpa, and look at all the memories you are creating!

    ReplyDelete