Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day 2 - FLOWERS ARE ALL AROUND US

Today was a lot better weather wise in Mid Michigan.  I am going to sleep in the house tonight (instead of 5th wheel which has AC) and I get to dream about the new central air and furnace that we are getting in two weeks. WAHOO!  Don't laugh, I have been trying real hard to get it and it was only because the doctor told me 3 wks ago that I needed to be in air conditioning or I could end up with a heat stroke (having heat exhaustion was enough for me!).  Well enough about that.  Let me show you some things I did so far this summer.

I got this idea from a similar project done by someone else.  I used the Daisies die cut and craft foam. However the foam had an adhesive backing and it was terrible to peel it off after going through the Big Shot.  I glued the 3 daisies together and then put sets back to back with the bamboo stick between each set.  I used a jar I had been saving and decorated it with some designer paper and added some flowers (dyed to match the color choice) and some punched flowers. Added some brads for the flower centers.  Ribbon wrapped around the top and another contrasting narrow ribbon tied in knot for the front.  Inside I filled it with some fiber fill, colored glass rocks, and some poporrui (sp?).  I painted the bamboo sticks with some acrylic paint.  I love how it turned out and it looks so pretty in my craft area. I originally made it for someone but changed my mind as it makes me smile whenever I see it. Now onto my next project that I want to share.



I know, everyone has made one of these by now but I had to show the ones I made for my two daughters.
The picture below shows what I put into each bag. Kellie's favorite color is yellow and Michelle's is blue.  I handmade 2 dish cloths and 2 kitchen hand towels to hang.  Bought some matching pot holders.  We celebrated their birthday's together this year. Took them and granddaughters out to lunch at their favorite chinese buffet in Flint.(Kellie's BD was May 30 and Michelle's was June 4th).  We had a great time and took a few photos for the scrapbook.
Well that is enough for tonight.  I will leave you with a couple of pictues that have special meaning to me.


Jenna after her dance recital in May. She did a super job and wasn't as shy as Kirsten was at her first recital a few years ago.  The girls all put on a great show of tap dancing and ballet.

This is Jenna on Graduation Day. She graduated from preschool to Kindergarten and the teachers had them put on a cute show for the families.  Afterward we went to the school cafeteria for cake and punch.  Doesn't she look so Hollywood???

Okay I have to close for now in order to beat my Midnight deadline.  Catch you tomorrow with more fun things.  Keep smiling.



2 comments:

  1. Well I'm glad that it wasn't me that was going nuts!! Right after I talked to you Richard called and I told him I didn't need him any longer -- LOL. Anyway, just wanted to say you have the most beautiful grand-daughters. Jenna's eyes are going to take her to many special places in her lifetime! My favorite craft (yes, another DRUMROLL PLEASE), is the Daffodil Yellow purse -- love the patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your vase idea it is very pretty and your purses are nice also you did a nice job.

    ReplyDelete