Thursday, March 18, 2010

WEEKEND RETREAT RECAP........

Hi everyone, Well, I finally got a chance to post my memories from this past weekend.  It was a blast and my first for staying all 3 days.  Last Nov. I came for the day only (Saturday).  I plan on going again this November.  Our hosts were Ronda and Melissa:


They are the best.  Everything was planned so well and I loved the extra room we had.  Behind them you will see the food table and to the right was were the desert was for Saturday night.  This is what we had:

Fresh fruit in our own champagne glass with some strawberry fluff is you so desired.  Friday night we had Air Popped Popcorn served in those cute plastic popcorn containers.  I didn't get a picture of that but it may be in one of the photos further down.  Right next to the fruit was chocolate and white cupcakes with SU flowers on some of them...


Friday night was pizza night in our P.J.'s.  Some of the ladies decorated their PJ's and the two judges couldn't pick out the best so we had to do a secret ballot and "Maxine" won. (That is my niece, Tricia). Here are a few pictures I wanted to share of this contest....


The flower ladies, Diane (Flower Garden), my sister, Kathleen (Pixie Lady), and my niece, Tricia (Maxine)  Get a load of the slippers...Maxine's slippers (made by her mom, my other sister) are made using maxi pads (the kind you get from hospital after birth of child). Click on picture for better view!! In the background is the tables we used for our classes and make-n-takes. Also there is a table with items that were part of the silent action. Here is another of all the ladies who entered the PJ contest:


Kim, Patti, Sandi, Diane, Kathleen, Jane and of course, Tricia (better known as "Maxine"--THE WINNER)

 
Kim, Cheryl, and Patti's work tables. In the background you can see one of my sisters, Kathleen. (the snack table is against the wall behind Cheryl)

This is the group across the room from our section.


A closeup of my station (bottom left), Kathleen's area (top center) and on the right side is my niece's (Tricia) work area.  On the bottom is where my other sister, Sandi has her station (didn't get it in the picture).  See the popcorn container on Tricia's table.  Cool, huh.

Well that is all I will post for now.  I will add some of the scrapbook pages we did and some of the cards we did in two of the four classes we could sign up for.  Keep smiling and look forward to sharing more with you later.

REMEMBER:  CAUTION: Opening box may cause extreme excitement (notice on SU boxes)




1 comment:

  1. I had to laugh when I saw these because it looks like we all took the same pictures -- only I didn't get the candy table. But for some reason we all took the fruit and cupcakes (I'm talking about the food -- not the people). Good pics -- can't wait for project pics we all took.

    ReplyDelete