Saturday, March 20, 2010

LAST POSTING OF RETREAT WEEKEND

Okay, I am sure you have seen enough but bare with me for one last time.  I am sure by now you can guess that I had a SUPER time and can't wait for next one.  Well, maybe not that soon, however I will be ready by November.  Both of my sisters have similiar pics on their blogs but we each have different followers so that is why we all have these postings.  First of all, I will show you the rest of the make-n-takes we did.  This easter box was the first thing we made.  It will hold a good amount of candy for the granddaughters (I have to make another before Easter).  All the pieces are cut out for us and all we had to do is assemble it.  A few of the ladies did their own interpretation of how it should look and I must say they really looked cute.




Next are two cards we made. This time we had to do a bit of cutting with the punches and Big Shot.  I learned a few new techiques making these.  Don't you just love the 3D bird on the limb?


This make-n-take started as a 6x6 scrapbook page and I attached it to a 12x12 sheet of cardstock for my albmu.  I love the flexability of taking a small (6x6) page and adding it to an 8 1/2 x 11 page and then upgrading it to the 12x12 page. (in this case I didn't do the 8 1/2 x 11 page).  That is what is so nice about scrapbooking.  I have lots of 6x6 and 8x8 pages that I can turn into larger pages if I need to.

 This is the Card Class we had on Friday evening.  We made 4 of each of the cards below so we ended up with 16 cards with envelopes.  You can use any sentiment on your card that you wish (thank you, thanks, happy birthday, get well, sympathy or happy easter to name a few.)  The card in the upper right hand corner is the newest stamp that Stampin Up will be offerring as a teaser for the new July 2010 catalog.  I am not much of a painter but I fell in love with this stamp.  Don't you just love the new spring colors? 

Next I wanted to share with you the latest thing in fashions.  This is called the rag quilt purse.  Isn't is the cutest?  It is so much better in person.  The material is a lot softer in color than the photo shows.  My favorite color is blue and this has several shades of blue.  We used our scallop die cut and the Big Shot to make the squares and then the rest is just sewing.  If you click on the photo you will see more detail.  This is very simple to make (even a beginner can make one) and the assembly goes quickly.

Now I will show you all the gifts I received.  My sister, Kathleen, gave me the flower pin and my name tag to wear at the retreat. She also made one for the co-hosts, my other sister, Sandi, and my niece, Tricia.  She has so much talent wouldn't you agree.  I also requested a flower barrett for each of my granddaughters and didn't take a picture before I gave it to them.  They were both very happy to get them.  Thank you, Aunt Kathleen.


This is what my sister, Sandi, gave me.  The tote bag is the hottest item that Stampin Up sold at the last convention (August in Salt Lake City).  I kept forgetting to order on so was soooo happy that she got this for me and my sister, Kathleen.  She also includeed a jar of her homemade skin cream (we all have very dry skin) which she decorated the jar with rub ons and ribbon from SU.  Don't you just love the bag?  It matches the newest 12x12 paper (Sweet Pea) and felt flowers & leaves.  I used them on one of the 12x12 pages I posted yesterday.

Last of all, here some of the freebies each guest received from Ronda and Melissa.  When we first arrived there was a monogrammed treat box filled with mini candy bars on each table.  For those who stayed  the first night our gift was the big bird door hanger.  When you order this from the catalog there is several of these chipboard birds in the package (enough to make an album).  The bird is larger than you think. The next evening everyone got the mini milk carton filled with gum balls.  The small flower on toothpick was in our cupcakes Sat. night.  I forgot to take the picture of the pillow box which had several epoxy brads in them (I have them in small baggie in photo) and lastly I won the flat half pearls. ( the timer went off while I had the basket at my table-a neat game we play at these retreats).


As you can see, we had a lot of things to do and I can't even begin to discribe the atmosphere that was in the air.  There was just under 30 of us and I met a lot of new friends.  It was great to just be around other crafters and share our common love of paper.  I am sad that it is over but also feeling good about the next one and looking forward to what Ronda & Melissa can come up with.  Ronda, the Rubber Queens leader, has been top demonstrator for the US many times since she started.  She is very giving and loving and has a great family.  I finally got to chat more with Melissa this time and I find a lot of the same qualities in her that Ronda has.  Thank you Ronda and Melissa for making March 12-14 the best weekend ever.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if I had a chance to tell you last Friday, but I really liked your rag purse -- obviously these are my favorite colors also based on the pattern of my purse. You and Kathy both had beautiful purses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lois,
    I love your post....and it makes ALL the work worth it AND makes me excited for next time!! We'll have to come up with something fun for you girls! You guys are the best, and no retreat would be the same without you!
    Love,
    Ronda Wade

    ReplyDelete
  3. did not know that there was a bow on the bunny box so add it to mine.

    ReplyDelete