Friday, January 29, 2010

Today Was A Busy Day

I have been real busy today completing a few projects that I have been wanting to do but kept procrasting.  It seems good to be back at the craft table again.  The first thing I completed (started on Monday) is the CD tin that holds calendar, note pad, and beaded pencil.  I also made a cute bookmarker to go with the set. The idea came from Andrea Walford for the tin. She and her sister, Sonya, sure come up with some cute ideas.  (click on photo to enlargen)  THE FOLLOWING IS A COPYRIGHTED DESIGN AND CANNOT BE CASED/COPIED.

This is the outside
I added the small ribbon loop to the tin as I had a hard time opening it.  I also didn't have any small pens or leaded pens. The DP is Cottage Wall, one of my favs. The tin is 5x5 in size . The next photo is the inside.

This was my first attempt at making beaded pencils. It was so easy but the only problem doing it to a pencil is when it comes time to sharpen the pencil you will have to remove some of the beaded tape. LOL
Next I did the valentine boxes that SU is offering in the Occasions Mini. There is 30 in each kit (Pink or Blue). Jenna spent Tues. afternoon with grandpa and me so I let her help make these.  She actual did everything except put on adhesive and loop the sides together. She sure loves doing crafts just like her older sister.  Now I will have to make her a craft box for when she comes over.

These are very easy and I put in about 15 candy hearts

Well I hope you enjoyed looking at my projects. Keep smiling and hug your loved ones before you go to bed. See you later.

2 comments:

  1. Nice selection of ideas. I like the tin idea might have to case this one. Of course anything done in purple is a hit with me. Where did you get the templete for the calendar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, where is my comment I left a couple days ago????? I think all my comments are up there in cyber space and some day they will all come flooting down at once and jam up the blogs!! Well, at least I can change my comment now because I was one of the blessed recipients of this beautiful calendar!! It truly is more beautiful in person Lois than your pictures depict. I have so many ideas for Holiday classes next year, hope my PC doesn't crash as they are all on my hard drive ready to CASE -- this one is there also. Thank you again for the RAK.

    ReplyDelete