Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Creative Retreat weekend (cont.)

Another day of being lazy.  Did read a whole book, which I haven't done in over 8 months.  The wind wasn't as bad today so was able to sit outside this afternoon and visit with some of the campers.  Didn't get chance to ride golf cart but it will be on my to do list for tomorrow.

Okay, now for some more memorable pictures from our retreat. Tonight I will be sharing pictures of  one of the classes that where offered.  Our first class was Friday evening, we made 12 cards (3 each of 4 designs) and a card holder box for them. (REMEMBER click on each photo to see more details)


It is hard to see in this picture but I wanted to show the sentiment on the inside. I love this fold and believe or not this is first time I have used this type of card fold. This would make a great workshop or make-n-take class showing all the different parts of the card. I will be making more of these.



This is a very beautiful sympathy card. Love this stamp set-can be used for several kinds of cards. The color combination is so serene and calming.


Now this card is growing on me.  I never think to use gray but with this daffodil ribbon and circle the color seems to pop out at you.  The flower stamp is one of my favorites.


The dotted embossing folder is what makes this card and don't you just love the flower.  Every one of these cards is real simple to make but so elegant to look at.  Thanks to Ronda and Tamie for coming up with these samples for us to duplicate.


Now you have to have a beautiful card box to hold all the great cards.  If you click on this photo you will be able to see how we used one of the border punches for the top cover.  I have had so many compliments on these cards and the holder that I could have sold several sets (I did sell 4 cards in one day).  Since I knew I wasn't going to be home to make any for awhile, I decided to sell them but kept at least one so I could duplicate.

Well gotta get outta here so come back tomorrow and I will show you the 12x12 scrapbook pages we did in a class.  Hope to see you soon.

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty!! I would like the details of that fold!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, guess I should have checked to see if you had updated your blog before I sent the e-mail. Didn't know you were going camping this early in the year. A little too cold for me. I loved Tamie's card class at retreat. It always amazes me that you don't have to spend a lot of time making a card and still have it come out being a WOW card. Tamie is good at that, I need lessons!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures. I am sure you had lots of fun again. I miss being there. I like the tulip card and the colors on it. I like Springy cards also do not have the purse dye yet but want to get it. Love making purses and gift ideas. Thanks for sharing have fun camping and ruffing it in the woods with your bare necessisities (ya Right!) See ya Kathleen

    ReplyDelete