Sunday, May 8, 2011

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAY- - - - -

I can't believe it.  This is our 3rd day of sunshine and great tempatures.  I have been partying since Thursday and I am sorry to say, but at midnight I turn back into that dull person again. LOL  If I had know it would be this much fun turning 67 I would have done it sooner!  My daughters, granddaughters, Dick's family and his best friend all came over for a cookout and to have fun.  I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day.

My sister, Kathleen, is having computer hiccups so I told her I would post her B.D. card she made me so that my other sister, Sandi, can see it. Whew, that was a mouthful.  So below you will see some of the cards I received (I even got one from SU!).

This is Kathleen's card. It makes you think of sunshine, being at the beach and sipping on a nice cool drink.  Thanks Kathleen for the beautiful card.

This is the inside of her card


The card on the left is from my sister-in-law and her husband.  She is my best customer and I love how she can make a simple card look so great. The one on the right is from Sandi and yes, you have seen this on her blog.  It is so beautiful in real life. The layering and coloring is very professional.  Last photo below is a card I received from my husband and Sheena (our English Springer Spaniel). Yeah, even dogs love me. LOL

Notice the blue ribbon (looks just like our bashful blue) on Dick's card.  I asked him if he got into my stash and he said "what is a stash?"  LOL  I ain't gonna tell....  When you open the doggie one it plays the Happy Birthday song only in doggie language.  It is so cute to watch Sheena lick the card when the song is playing.  Okay, I have to shut down and get to bed. Back to normal tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Lois! (Even if I do say so myself.) Sounds like you had an awesome Mother's Day and Birthday. Kathy's card is really beautiful and makes me want to go out and get an ice-cold one myself.

    ReplyDelete