Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I'M BACK....

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted.  Gee, time flies.  Hasn't it been beautiful these past few days?  Dick & I took a ride to Williamston yesterday on the back roads just to get out and enjoy the sun. 

Okay, I have been doing a few projects.  First I wanted to use up some of my kits that have leftovers and make some different cards.  The two below were made using the Flower Power Card Elements kit.  I added ribbon on both and used the shimmer paint on the center circle and small flower(green card) and added some flower rhinestones I purchased many years ago. (before I got hooked on SU!)


Lastly, I finally made the Scallop Rag Purse.  I loved making it and had to laugh at all the problems I had using the sewing machine.  I have only had this new machine for a year and haven't used it other than to put on the blanket binding on a couple of our blankets (they only had binding on sides-not the top or bottom). So
I started sewing and couldn't remember how to thread the maching...pulled out the manuel.  Okay that's done and I start sewing and then realized I'm not going to have enough bobbin thread to finish.  I stopped and put the bobbin in steel thing-a magiig and had to go to manuel so see how to thread machine for bobbin.  Finally got that tackled and nothing happened when I pushed on pedal!!! I checked the manuel again and saw that I had done everything as instructed.  I was @($*#@^$#)*# but it still wouldn't run.  Now don't laugh but I finally (have you guessed yet?) found what I needed to do.  I forgot to push bobbin spool to the right so it was up against the you know what!!! I read directions again and it said something about pushing to right until it clicked--I thought they were talking about the little lever you push against the bobbin to gauge how much thread you want to put on the bobbin!  OKAY NOW YOU CAN LAUGH IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!  (that means you, Sandi and Kathleen) That only took about 45 min and then I was on my way.  I am not putting a picture on now as I wanted to show it off this weekend at Ronda's Scrapbook weekend.  I am soooo looking forward to it.  It will be lots of fun and hopefully this time I will meet some of the ladies.  Well, I better get outta here so you can go take a potty break or whatever.  Sorry I was so long winded but that is what happens when you let a month go by without posting.  See you.

No comments:

Post a Comment